The premiere of “Valerian and the city of thousands of planets”
Promotional tour to the tape “Valerian and the city of thousands of planets” continues.
The other day the premiere was presented in London. The main characters of the film – Rihanna, Cara Delevingne and Dave DeHaan showed on the red carpet inimitable outfits. Cara Delevingne in her hometown appeared in a trouser suit from Burberry, which was adorned with a jewelery cape. Rihanna does not change the couture dresses Giambattista Valli. This time, she chose a red dress in the floor with a deep neckline. And Dave DeHaan boasted of a suit from Prada.
“Valerian and the city of thousands of planets” – is the result of the work of Luc Besson. The film became the most expensive and large-scale in the history of French cinema.
“This is an endless action, humor, emotions, alien beings and spaceships in every frame. I want the audience to be so stunned by what they saw. So that in the end they had no choice but to see the film again,” – the director says.
A few facts about the painting “Valerian and the city of a thousand planets”:
- The film is based on a series of French comic books “Valerian and Lorelin” by Pierre Christen.
- Luc Besson has been nurturing the adaptation of this comic book for many years and has often called this project one of the most beloved.
- Besson consciously decided to make a film adaptation of the French comic book in English and with English-speaking actors in order to attract as many viewers as possible.
- The premiere of several scenes from the picture took place at Comic-Cone in San Diego in 2016.
- “Valerian and the city of thousands of planets” – the second screen version of these comics after the animated series of 2007 “Valerian and Lorelin.”
- This is Rutger Hauer’s fourth participation in the comic book project after the films Batman: The Beginning (2005), Sin City (2005) and the Smallville Secrets series (2003).
- For Cara Delevingne and Dane DeHaan, this is the second work in the film comic. DeHaan previously played in the movie “The New Spider-Man: High Voltage” (2014), and Delevingne – in “Suicide Squad” (2016).
- At the time of the release, the budget of 197 million euros made the tape “Valerian and the city of a thousand planets” the most expensive in the history of French and European cinema. Previously, this title already belonged to Besson’s work “The Fifth Element” (1997) with its 75 million, but in 2008 the palm tree went to the film “Asterix At the Olympics” (78 million).